As we all continue to shelter-in-place we wanted to give you something exciting to think about.
It is our honor to request nominations for the 2020 Diane Cohen Zack Volunteer Leadership Award, an award that highlights individuals in our community who exemplify leadership and volunteerism. Begun in 2015 to honor those who give freely of their time and talent to strengthen both our congregation and our community, we have had the pleasure of honoring Steve Sockolov (2015), Rhea and Ron Brown (2016), Susan Schneider (2017), Mark Friedman (2018), and Rabbi Shelly & Gail Dorph (2019).
This award is an important part of our Annual Meeting, which will be held this year on June 3. If we are allowed to gather in person, we will go ahead with the schedule as planned – dinner at 5:30 p.m., meeting at 6:15 p.m. If we are not allowed to gather, the meeting will be held virtually beginning at 6:15 p.m. with more details to follow.
At the Annual Meeting, we are able to thank the award recipient(s) and celebrate their service. Please submit your recommendation for nominations from members of our Kol Shofar community. For more information, please see below:
- Nominees must be currently active or have served as a volunteer in the past five years
- Nominees must have contributed above and beyond normal expectations
- Current members of the Board of Directors are ineligible
- You may recommend as many congregants as you wish
Send a nominating email to email@example.com, with “Volunteer Award Nomination” in the subject line
In your letter or email, explain why your nominee should be honored by addressing some or all of the following:
- How long has the volunteer been assisting at Kol Shofar?
- In what ways has your nominee volunteered within our community? Please describe his/her involvement.
- Why does this volunteer stand out from other volunteers?
- Is there anything else that you would like the committee to know about your nominee?
Nominations are due by Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. PT.
As always, this year’s recipient will be selected by a joint lay leader and staff committee.
President, Congregation Kol Shofar