It is our honor to request nominations for the 2019 Diane Cohen Zack Volunteer Leadership Award, an award that highlights individuals in our community who exemplify leadership and volunteerism. Begun in 2015 to honor those who give freely of their time and talent to strengthen both our congregation and our community, we have had the pleasure of honoring Steve Sockolov (2015), Rhea and Ron Brown (2016), Susan Schneider (2017), and Mark Friedman (2018).
This award is an important part of our Annual Meeting, which will be held this year on June 5th at 5:30 p.m. At the Annual Meeting, we are able to thank the award recipient(s) and celebrate their service.
Please submit your recommendation for nominations from members of our Kol Shofar community. For more information, please see below:
- Nominees must be currently active or must have served as a volunteer in the past five years.
- Nominees must have contributed above and beyond normal expectations.
- Current members of the Board of Directors are ineligible.
How to Submit a Nomination
Send a nominating letter to Kol Shofar Award Committee at 215 Blackfield Dr, Tiburon, CA 94920
Send a nominating email to email@example.com, with “Volunteer Award Nomination” in the subject line.
In your letter or email, explain why your nominee should be honored by addressing some or all of the following:
- How long has the volunteer been assisting at Kol Shofar?
- In what ways has your nominee volunteered within our community? Please describe his/her involvement.
- Why does this volunteer stand out from other volunteers?
- Is there anything else that you would like the committee to know about your nominee?
You may recommend as many congregants as you wish. Current board members are not eligible.
Nominations are due by April 25, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. PT.
This year’s recipient will be selected by a joint lay leader and staff committee, chaired by Madeleine Clark-Laviano. Members of this year’s committee also include: Diane Zack, Mark Friedman, Joan Levison, Pam Morton, and Kaia Burkett.