DONATE NOW – Sustain our Kol Shofar Community
Maintaining a vibrant, relevant synagogue requires a deep commitment from us all. Kol Shofar is the place where we celebrate, learn and practice tikun olam together, transmit our values and wisdom to future generations, and commemorate the important occasions in our lives.
We prosper as a community when each of us chooses to make it a priority to give – beyond our annual membership commitment – to provide the financial support that meets our community’s needs and obligations:
Opportunities for giving are designed so that each of us can participate at whatever level is comfortable:
- Our Annual High Holy Day Campaign provides much needed support for programs and activities throughout the year.
- Mitzvah Gifts are designated to what’s needed most and are used for operating expenses.
- Special Funds provide ongoing support for specific donor-selected programs or activities.
- Our Capital Campaign honors our forebearers and our future generations by supporting commitment to our magnificent building renovation project.
- Unique Sponsorships of programs or events, or of certain areas of operating costs help to sustain our strategies and build our future.
- Placing a leaf on our Simcha Tree honors special occasions and people throughout the year. The Simcha Tree hangs in our lobby display area and is accessible to all.
- Memorial Plaques in our sanctuary remember your loved ones. Each year the name will be automatically included in our High Holy Day Book of Life. A memorial light will light the plaque during the week of the yarzheit and during appropriate holidays.
Why Give Now? Tax Incentives
A gift to Congregation Kol Shofar may entitle you to a charitable contribution donation against your income tax if your itemize deductions. A contribution made by cash or check is deductible in the year in which it is paid. A credit card contribution is deductible in the year in which it is charged.
Another way to Donate: Transfers of Stock
There are tax advantages to making a fit to Congregation Kol Shofar through a transfer of stock. You will enjoy an immediate tax deduction for the value of the stock transfer, and avoid paying capital gains. You may also reduce your taxable estate by donating stock. Click here for directions on how to make your donation by stock. (attachment)
Maximize your Contribution through A Corporate Gift Match
Does your employer match employee charitable contributions? Many Bay area companies will match charitable donations dollar-for-dollar. Contact your employers matching gifts coordinator to determine whether your donation to Congregation Kol Shofar is eligible to be matched.
Make a provision in your estate plan to ensure a strong vibrant Kol Shofar community for generations to come.
For information contact:
Why Give Now? Tax Incentives
Through our unique Torah project, you have an opportunity to dedicate a portion of our new Torah and to support the preservation of our Holocaust Torah.
Dedications are a meaningful way to honor a friend or relative, memorialized loved ones, remember life-cycle events such as weddings, bat/bar mitzvah, birth, anniversary or bris/baby naming or to honor special people in your life.
[gravityform id=1 title=false description=false ajax=true]