Congregation Kol Shofar is a dynamic congregation rooted in Jewish traditions. We have served the community for more than 50 years and embrace innovations that enrich contemporary Jewish life. We work in partnership with many organizations in Marin to create meaningful accessible experiences of learning, prayer, service and celebration. We encourage a strong and welcoming community and help people of all ages and diverse backgrounds to live more purposeful lives and improve the world.
Marketing and Communications Manager:
Congregation Kol Shofar seeks an energetic, tech savvy, creative and motivated individual with experience in a full range of marketing/communication roles to develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy to strengthen the organization’s identity with multiple audiences. The Manager is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communication activities relative to the strategic direction and mission of the organization. This position is an interesting combination of strong hands-on work and strategy and functions as an integral member of a small team of creative, committed, dynamic professional staff and volunteers.
- In collaboration with clergy, staff, and lay leaders, develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy addressing methods for effectively reaching different audiences and affinity groups ranging from engaged congregants to unaffiliated individuals in the larger Marin community.
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing calendar incorporating electronic and print materials, as well as social media. Media includes, but is not limited to:
- Print & electronic newsletters;
- Print media including ads, promotional pieces and collateral materials;
- Weekly member, school, and constituent emails;
- Social media deck for the institution, events, clergy, and key leadership;
- Collaborative communication campaigns with local partners.
- In conjunction with clergy, staff and lay leaders, identify internal and external communications opportunities, emerging trends, and challenges. Develop and implement strategies to maximize these opportunities and trends.
- Design and manage the contents of the website and event websites, including daily management and administration to create awareness of opportunities for engagement, events, programs and member participation.
- Production and management of on-site communication materials (flyers, monitor displays, signage, presentations).
- Maintain public-facing events calendars.
- Work with graphic designer as needed on print and electronic materials.
- Management of relationships with communications/marketing vendors.
- Design and analysis of communication and marketing plan for effectiveness.
- Consistent brand including message and imaging.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Superb written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences. Writing experience should include a variety of print and on-line media
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a communications plan.
- Ability to incorporate feedback and think creatively in order to utilize all media to achieve high impact results.
- Experience in all aspects of production from planning to design of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and other materials.
- Tech savvy (web and social media) with an eye for design.
- Track record of working both independently and within a team setting – ability to take initiative but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
- Superb time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Jewish religion, culture and history.
This is a full time position reporting to the Executive Director, but for the right candidate desiring part-time work, this position could be structured into a part-time (4 days/32hours per week) position. This position is open immediately and applications will be evaluated as they are received. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Commensurate with Experience
Comprehensive employee benefits package including 100% medical, dental and vision.
Submit cover letter, resume, writing samples to email@example.com
Congregation Kol Shofar is an equal opportunity employer.